REPAIRING HISTORIC BARNS
Mid Valley Structures
Do you love your barn and want to keep it in tip-top shape. Barns can get damaged from constantly being in the path of strong winds, the sun, and rain. There are things you can do to repair and preserve your wonderful barn.
- Make sure to take a full inspection of your barn and look for any possible problems. If you think there may be problems with your barn, a professional can check all the most common areas and give you a full report.
- Check the foundation for proper grading.
- Check the foundation, beams, and other wooden surfaces for insect damage. It is important to fix any structural damage.
- If your barn is constantly being hit by strong winds, you can add wind braces at the corners of your barn.
- A fresh coat of paint will always do wonders for any building. To keep your barn looking good, paint inside and out!
- When you’re painting, take a look at the trim and siding to make sure nothing needs to be repaired.
- Check the windows and doors and update them if need be.
- If you want to preserve your barn, keep as much originality as possible, take care when making any additions, and call a professional when making any changes or updates.
Lastly – why not update the historic barn by matching up a brand new structure like a shed, cottage, or mini barn? With the options and choices available you can make the old and new look like they were made to go with one another right on your own property.